Thursday, November 18, 2010

Really?? A mini-rant

I am a generally happy person, but there are a few things that get under my skin....

At my daughter's last Dr.'s appointment, I noticed a very odd sign during a trip to the ladies room. It said "Please Remember To Flush Toilet" and it had a picture of a person flushing the toilet. Really? Is it that bad that we need a sign to help remind us. It really kind of annoyed me. Instead of taking the time to print a sign, why not just flush the toilet? I don't get it. Maybe it's just me. Another bathroom sign I find a tad annoying is the "Please Wash Hands" sign. People that don't wash their hands are a) disgusting and b) NOT going to change their minds about it because the department of health told them to. We've all seen these people. They go to the bathroom then rush out. Some of them do a fake little 2 second "rinse," I think to avoid embarrassment. Lady, I noticed you didn't use soap. You aren't fooling anyone.

I love how Subway has signs that say, "Please end your conversation before approaching" or "no cellphones." There is nothing more annoying than listening to one end of another person's cellphone conversation. I am with you, Subway! I work part time, very, very part time, at a local store and I cannot stand when people are on their phones while you are trying to help them. To me, it's a pretty selfish thing. And some of the converstations I'm hearing are outrageous. I was in the store with my daughter the other day and this guy was using the WORST language while he was blabbing away on his cellphone. I mean, really. I honestly thought about tapping him on the shoulder and telling him to clean up his language. This isn't a bar, it's a grocery store! 

I am not really an animal person. I don't have pets, don't really intend to. So why is there always dog poo in my yard???? Is it MY job to clean up your dog's poop? My house backs up to a walking trail, and I know I need to get a fence, but my lack of fence doesn't mean that I should clean up your dog's poo. I want to thank all of you who walk your dogs with a little doggie doo doo bag and pick up your dog's lovelies. Thank you. And to those of you who let your dog poop in my yard, watch out. I might just drop my son's dirty diapers off in your backyard. If your dogs are like your children, as most people with pets believe, do you let your children poop in other people's yards? Come on now...

Something that really gets me, and it's a small thing, but I can't help it.... when a cashier hands you back your bills with a pile of change on top. Then you try to use your bills as a funnel to get your change in your zippered wallet. That's tough. Almost always drop change on the ground. But, if you get the change first, then the bills........... life is easier.

I know there are bigger problems in the world. So will I ever REALLY confront anyone on these little annoyances, probably not. But once again, I can pretend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment