Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Do you want to read my blog?

I actually just told my husband that I have a blog. He's a little "behind the times" or should we say, socially unavailable. He doesn't do facebook, he did make a page but there were "too many buttons" and he didn't know what to do (Keep in mind he's not even 30 yet), so he has only logged on once. Today I said, "So honey, I started a blog." (A few minutes of silence... waiting for him to make fun of me) "Honey, did you hear me? I started a blog, do you know what that is?" Craig then said, "I guess. It's when you put stuff on the internet." Uhm.. yeah okay. "Do you want to read my blog?" Craig said, "I mean, I will if you want me to." Not exactly the answer I was expecting... but okay. He'll ask to read it soon, right? I cozy up to him the next time he's on the laptop. Nothing. Waiting, waiting, still nothing. He's looking at peopleofwalmart.com. That's probably a lot more funny, I'll give him that. Finally the suspense was killing me and I said, "Craig are you excited? I am going to show you my blog!!" He def was not excited. But he played along. He read... no smiles or even a little chuckle. I don't claim to be really funny, but come on! I was sitting right there. So, I asked him, "Is my blog boring?" and he finally smirked. "Kind of," he said. And then I can't help but wonder... if he had a blog, what would it be like? I imagine it would start something like this:

"My name is Craig. I have a wife and 2 kids. They are Callie and Tanner. She's three and he's, um, 10 months. Yup 10 months. I work at Hy-Vee."

Nothing funny. He's a share-only-the-facts kind of guy. And what gives him the right to "knock" my blog? It's like voting, if you don't vote you can't complain. If you don't blog, you can't criticize!

I told my mom I was writing a blog, she's excited. My sister Darci, a little underwhelmed, not gonna lie. I told Callie about it (my 3 year old) and she was confused. Which is fine. She compared it to texting, which I thought was pretty accurate.  I thought about telling my dad, but he doesn't even have voicemail set up on his phone yet. He can't text. He does know what facebook is though, surprisingly enough! But I am pretty confident he isn't familiar with the blogosphere. So I guess for now the only one excited about my blog is me and my mom and a handful of friends. I guess there's nowhere to go but up!

1 comment:

  1. my husband complains when i don't update mine...but he works on a computer all day long and surfs the net during quick breaks...i think he likes to laugh at our kids silliness with his coworkers.
    but it wasn't until about six months ago that he even read it. before that it was fair game to bash him in it lol.

    ReplyDelete