Saturday, November 20, 2010

Christmas Brain

Is it just me? This year I can't get Christmas out of my head. I think about it constantly. (You can tell  by all of my Christmas/Snow blogs!) And I don't mean that I am stressing about it. I am just thinking about it. Thinking about decorating, baking with my neighbor and her adorable daughter (my neighbor doesn't bake, I invited her over to bake with me) and Callie- I even got Callie this cute little Santa apron from Target!




 I'm thinking about wrapping presents, giving presents, putting up lights..... it never ends. I am watching "Elf" and "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and I am even turning Christmas music on. Which is really strange because working at Hy-Vee all of the years that I have, I had grown to hate Christmas music because it's all I heard from November to basically January. I have taken out some decorations. My wreath, a miniature nativity set, and I even hung up our "How many days 'til Christmas" Tree... but I can't start crossing days off because the numbers don't go up that high. Could that be a sign that I should have waited?


Maybe I am "jumping the gun" a bit, but I can't help it. It's keeping me up at night. I lay in bed thinking about what we will do, and remembering what we have done in the past. Callie (and now Tanner!) makes our Christmas season so special. Having kids totally does change your life in so many ways. Here's a look through "Christmas Past" or at least since we had Callie :)

Christmas 2007 with our chunky monkey!! Isn't she a adorable?? Of course she is!


Christmas 2008 with our "big girl." She didn't quite know what was going on but I think she liked it!!


Christmas 2009 with a very pregnant mommy and a beautiful little Callie. I was seven and a half months pregnant with our little Tanner Nanner!!

Christmas 2010 will be awesome. I know it will. I cannot wait (obviously!). So until then, you can bet that I'm daydreaming about it. And I bet I'm not the only one!

No comments:

Post a Comment