Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Getting Older...


So, my birthday is coming up in about a month. And I have to say, I really feel like I am getting older. I obviously have been getting older my entire life, but I am really feeling it lately. Not physically, but mentally. And socially.

Is it bad that I had to check facebook just to confirm how old I am? And then I realized I don't even have it on facebook and I had to do the math. When as a child, I would ask an adult how old they were and they had to stop and think about it. I thought that was so ridiculous. But, I am there. I have to stop and think how old I am. The time flies so fast since I've had children. I blink and another year has passed. I sometimes wish I could just freeze time. Bottle up these moments when my babies are young and still want to cuddle, tell me they love me (okay, Tanner hasn't said it yet with words, just his smile!), and play games with me.

How old am I going to be, you ask? I am almost 28 years old. That's almost 30. I know what you are thinking, quit complaining, it's not that old. I truly feel like there is NO way that my 10 year high school reunion is this year. There's no way that Craig and I have been living together for almost 10 years. I honestly feel like I am still young. But I look at a magazine cover, I watch an awards show, I listen to the radio, and I have NO idea who half of the celebrities are. And I used to.

Bedtime, snore, I am in bed by 10. Sometimes I will watch TV in bed until 10:30 (you guessed it, the news). I feel like an old person complaining that the news should be on earlier because I can't stay up that late!

Physically, I feel great. I don't feel old at all. I still have lots of energy and love to play and run around with the kids. Gray hair? I've had it for at least three years now. Wrinkles, not too many that I've noticed yet. Mom jeans? NEVER!!

I don't mean to complain or whine about my age. I know it could be worse :) I know that everyday I wake up still alive is a great day. I appreciate my age, and I know there are a lot more "painful" birthdays to come. But I am still so happy that I am alive, healthy, and have a wonderful family. And a lot of older sisters. OLDER sisters :) And an OLDER husband :) Makes me feel young...

Blurry, I know. But me as a baby! Where does the time go?

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you feel older Sara. I turned 30 this year, and like you I don't feel or look old until I look around and see all the younger people. Like when you go to McDonalds and wonder when they started letting 12 year old work. Oh, they aren't 12; they just look it because I'm not 20 anymore. Or when you realize people you still think of as 13 year olds are graduating college. how did that happen!?!?! Hope your babies keep you feeling young!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to read your blog in another 10 years when you get to be my age! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete