Monday, January 24, 2011

Almost 28...

So, my birthday is a little over a week away. You know what I am most excited for? Nope, not being a year older, that's for sure. I am thankful for the gifts, but that's not the most exciting part. I am so looking forward to baking a cake with Callie and she gets to decorate it however she wants. It's really fun.

My Beautiful Cake Last Year!

Can't wait to see what she comes up with this year!

Looking back on the past birthdays I have had, I can't say that I remember a lot of them. Is that normal?

One of my most memorable childhood parties was in 1st Grade (I think!) I remember having all of the girls in my class over for a slumber party. It wasn't a huge school so there were probably about 10-12 girls there I think. We ate Moose Brothers Pizza (from Hy-Vee...remember that stuff?), I don't remember a cake, but I do remember these monster cookies with frosting. I remember watching movies. We had to call my friend Emily's mom to make sure she could watch "Batman" and she said yes so we did. We watched, "Harry and the Hendersons" which is an all time favorite of mine. Who else nearly pees themselves when Harry is on top of the car "dead" and they are driving and he wakes up and looks in the windshield. Holy buckets. Gets me every time!





Any of my friends who are reading this and attended my 1st grade birthday party, do you remember any of this? I think we played hide and go seek (it was a big, fun house to do that in) and I think I got a bike from my parents. It was a fun party. I remember a girl wet the bed. I won't name names :) Do you remember??

Now my birthdays are full of changing diapers, feeding children, singing the Bumble Bee song, baking my own cake, and dancing to Dora. And that's okay with me! But I might watch "Harry and the Hendersons" with Callie for old times sake. Do you think redbox carries it??

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday in advance :) I miss getting to celebrate our B-days together. We used to have sooooo much fun going out. I wish we lived closer. You are such a great Mom and your kids are very, very lucky! I love and miss ya like crazy! Ugh...28! It just seems so old, huh?! I hope you have the most amazing and delicious cake this year. I'm sure Callie will do her best :)

    ~~Brittany

    ReplyDelete