Sunday, December 19, 2010

Are you REAAAADDDDYYYY?

Christmas is almost here. Now it's actually appropriate timing for some Christmas blogs! Yay! Are you ready yet? Have your shopping and wrapping done? For those of you who do, have you baked? Did your kids sit on Santa's jolly lap? Me... well. As excited as I was a month ago, the excitement hasn't garnered much motivation. Today I am going to finish my shopping. Tonight I am going to start wrapping. I have started making my goodies. But all the progress I made was diminished since Craig was off yesterday. He ate most of the goodies I made. But hey, that's what they are there for, right?

To start my festive weekend, I took Callie and her friend Leah to Village Pointe. It's an outdoor mall here that has a movie theatre. They were playing, "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas." Which is, by the way, one of my favorite holiday movies. If you know me, you know I love a plan and HATE to be late. So I planned to be there at 8:30. Movie began at 9:00. I was expecting a huge line and a ginormous crowd. We got there, parked easily, walked right in, and were the FIRST people in the theatre. We were "those" people. Embarrassing.



When we walked by the concession stand, Callie wanted popcorn. A) She doesn't even like popcorn B) It was 8:30 am who gives their kid popcorn at 8:30 am?

Being the first ones in the theatre we sat there for a while and then a lot of people started filtering in. Complaining that they couldn't get 4 seats together. Glad we came early:) People who sat in front of us had... popcorn. People beside us had... popcorn. The girls wanted..... POPCORN! No way was I going to give up our seats so we could go get popcorn. I gave them a granola bar I had in my purse and it seemed to do the trick.

So a radio personality came out and welcomed us, and then an elf, and then some "Who's" from Whoville. Everything was going awesome. Santa came out. The girls were so excited, their eyes were just sparkling.



The movie started and the Who's kind of danced along with the movie (which was cute, but somewhat annoying. I really just wanted to watch the movie.)


Then the part of the Grinch came on. And then the "real" Grinch came out. And then all h-e-double hockey sticks broke out.




Tears. Tons of tears. Whimpering, screaming, and two little girls crawling up as close as they possibly could to me. A little boy nearby took notice of my two scaredy cats and he decided he should be scared too. Before I know it every child around us is screaming in fear. Again, I just wanted to watch the movie. So the entire movie, these people were acting out. Again, ANNOYING. Even more so now that Callie and Leah are looking everywhere but the movie screen, anxious about the Grinch coming too close to them.


See the FEAR in Callie's eyes??
I finally got them settled down, and we tried to enjoy the rest of the movie. After the movie, we sat on Santa's lap. Well, not we, Callie and Leah did. It was a fun experience all in all.

1 comment:

  1. that is just silly that they had those people did that. i bet it annoyed a LOT of moms.

    ReplyDelete