Sunday, May 29, 2011

Her first concert...

Saturday was a very special day for Callie, Aunt Caity, and myself. It was Callie's first concert. Of course, it was no other than her idol, Taylor Swift...

The concert was in the evening, so naturally I thought Callie would be a little angel alllll day (because I would threaten to not take her to the concert, which both of us probably know would never happen!). And in exchange for great behavior, she would get to go. Well, let's just say my plan backfired. She was pretty good. I mean, in general, she's a good little girl. A little sassy at times (no idea where she picked that up!) but other than that I really can't complain! She was great until nap time. How can you ask an almost 4 year old to settle down when she is hours away from probably the most memorable moment of her little life so far??

After her nap, (and the hour it took to get her to lay there and be quiet!) we started getting ready. She was so proud to put on the Taylor Swift shirt that we made. Or, that her dad ever so perfectly ironed letters/photo on. She got to wear her pink tutu, we made a sign, and even went out to dinner before hand.



Yes, I am wearing cowboy-ish boots. Thanks, Caity.

Parking was pretty easy, really. We found a spot on the door ding prevention program (if you don't know what that is, it's a WHOLE other blog topic!) like requested by my husband, who had nightmares the previous night about the ginormous door dings we were going to get at the concert.

We found our seats, really great seats, actually, and listened to the opening acts. Both were great. Frankie Ballard was first. You should check him out on youtube. He did really well. We met him after his show and he took a picture with Callie. Honestly she had no idea who he was and didn't want to take the picture until we told her that he was best friends with Taylor Swift.





While we were waiting, we started 'activating' Callie's 55ish glow bracelets. That was fun. My fingers hurt. One cracked open and sprayed that oily junk all over me. And then Caity also cracked one and it squirted her in the eye. I thought she might go blind. Apparently I was wrong...

Then Needtobreathe took the stage. I knew some of their songs, not sure how... but I did. When I saw the band name I didn't recognize it. They also did good, but Callie was getting VERY anxious for Taylor to get on the stage.

And then, finally, Taylor took the stage. Callie's eyes lit up. I honestly think she was a little 'in shock' or had sensory overload. She didn't know where to look first. Honestly, I feel like I watched her more than I probably watched the concert itself. She was so excited. She brought her little microphone and she was singing along to every song. The couple behind us were amazed by how many songs she knew. (All except one). There was a point when Taylor walked right by us (within an arm's reach) and Callie was devastated that Taylor didn't give her a high five. Tears and all. She got over it, and then the show ended. It was a total meltdown. She just couldn't understand why she couldn't go behind the curtain with Taylor and say goodbye. It was probably 11 or so and she was exhausted. Needless to say, she passed out in the car within a short time.

She woke up today still very excited about last night. She's already asking to see Taylor Swift again. She said she wants to go again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again. And to see that smile on her face and that light in her eyes, if I could, I would take her again, and again, and again, and again, and again...

No comments:

Post a Comment