Monday, May 2, 2011

I'm Baaaack... :)

So, "Mom Prom" is over, and to say it was a success is an understatement. We haven't gotten our final numbers in yet, but we are over $5,000 and pretty sure it will be near $5,500!! My goal was to raise $3,000. So you can imagine how excited I am! Next year, with an entire year to plan, I've already set my goal at $8,000!! I can do it with YOUR help!! And everyone I've talked to has said that it was one of the most fun nights of their life. OF THEIR LIFE!!!! And that, my friends, is what Mom Prom is all about. Having fun and helping people at the same time!!

Not to say the craziness is over! We have weddings, graduations, Callie's first dance recital, and a lot of other things going on the in the next few months. But I promise not to neglect my blog anymore :)

We went to my friend, Emily's wedding over the weekend. It was so much fun to see friends and old classmates, former teachers, and her family again. Callie had so much fun dancing and watching the princesses (anyone in a formal) dance the night away. My friend Jolene was even sweet enough to give Callie her bouquet of flowers. She then thought SHE was a princess!

The wedding, of course, made me think of my wedding. How much fun we had, how carefree we were (with no children yet), and how romantic and in love we were. Not to say we aren't in love anymore, we absolutely are, it just takes a different form now than it did then. It's romantic to me if Craig unloads the dishwasher unprompted now! Something I loved about our wedding is that we wrote our own vows. Do I remember all of what we said, no. But I remember pledging in front of God and our family and friends, that nothing will ever become more important than the love we have for one another. And that's the exact phrase. So that gives me something to think about. The kids have probably (okay absolutely) become more important than us "growing" our love and nurturing that seed. I know it's too late in the year for a New Year's Resolution, but that is something that I need to work on. Getting back to the romance, the consideration, and showing the love! We say "I love you" to each other multiple times per day, and we mean it, but we could set aside more "us" time. More dates, more cooking together, more general interest in each other's lives. It's a struggle to find that perfect balance, if one exists. We are going on 10 years of living together, and man, we've had a blast. Of course we've had ups and downs, but way more ups than downs. And at each wedding we go to this summer, it will be a reminder to make time for "us." And I hope that you take the time to nurture your relationship with the love of your life. There's no better way to spend your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment