Thursday, August 25, 2011

Top Complaints...

So, you may think it's ironic for me to write a blog about my top complaints after writing a blog about being positive. It's not quite what you think...

5. I can't stand it when I wake up before my alarm goes off. Especially if it ruins my last ten minutes of sleep. My silver lining, my lungs breathed air and I'm still alive. I wake up and my entire family is happy and healthy. Thank God.

4. I can't stand riding with Craig because he doesn't use his blinker and he gets really bad road rage. My silver lining, I thank God that we even have a car. We are blessed more than some others.

3. I don't like doing laundry. I actually detest it. My silver lining, we have clothes on our backs, water in house, and my body is healthy enough to do it. I have a washing machine and a dryer.

2. I don't like it when I constantly have to tell Craig to do the dishes, or pick up the house, or any other chore. My silver lining, he's here. My children have an awesome Daddy. He's very devoted to our family and his job. He would give anything in the world for us.

1. I work at home all day so I'm with kids all of the time. Sometimes I complain that it'd be nice to wear a shirt that doesn't get spit up on, it'd be nice to not have snot trails down my pant legs, and actually be required to wear shoes once in a while.Sometimes I get sick of the crying and fighting.  My silver lining, it's not snot, spit up or poo, it's "love juice"  :)  I have job that I love. I can't say that I have bad days at work. I have bad moments. But that's all they are. They only last a second until I see a gummy smile, get a sloppy kiss, or a great big hug. And then that bad moment is gone. I am thankful these kids are happy and healthy. That my kids are happy and healthy. I am so thankful I get to spend all day with my kids.

So, as a continuation of my last blog, I decided to share with you just SOME of my silver linings. This doesn't really even scrape the surface. I am trying to lead a more positive life, searching out the silver lining, and showing my children to look at the bright side of things. Look at your friends and family. Look at the people you talk to most. Are they sucking the life out of you? Do you leave your conversations feeling happy or frustrated? Do they lift you up or tear you down? Surround yourself with sunny people, and your days will be a lot brighter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment