Tuesday, August 9, 2011

July, Anyone?

I can't believe how fast this summer is going. I am totally neglecting the blog, yet again, go figure. A lot has been going on around here and it's keeping us on our toes!!

First, we had the 4th of July celebration. We went to my friend, Jessica Hudson's house. And that was so much fun. Her entire family was there (she has a lot of siblings, too, so I always feel right at home!) as well as some friends. Our neighborhood had a professional fireworks show and I must say, I was impressed! I saw a cake be wrapped up in fire crackers (fun stuff!) and her husband actually blew a hole in their shutters on the house. Craziness. But super fun.

Then came Callie's 4th Birthday. Daddy had that week off so we visited the zoo and had a lot of fun family time. You all know how I feel about my baby growing up. We did our customary baking a cake on her actual birthday, which she decorates all by herself. This time Aunt Caity helped her! It was yummy, of course. Then we had the big party we have every year. We had all of our friends and family, and it was so much fun. I will try and get some pictures up here soon, patience people, at least I am blogging :)
During July I also got a Kindle, which is my new favorite toy. Craig is already regretting that gift because I can't stop reading. I read "Room" and all three of the "The Hunger Games" series so far. It's our Book Club choice for the month. (Don't judge, it's not your average book club. Much more fun! We drink a lot of wine, and talk a little bit about the book!)

We also took the kiddos to Adventureland, followed by a few nights to visit some family. It was a lot of fun. I started playing Angry Birds for the week, which was not a good choice, so I have since stopped. Way too addictive for me! The kids loved Adventureland, even Tanner.
All in all, July was a pretty fun month. The weather has been a little warm, I'm not gonna lie, but it's hard to complain. I'm thankful that my family is happy and healthy, and that is all that matters. The weather will always be changing (Welcome to Nebraska), so there's no point in complaining about it!

Now we are two weeks into August. I really can't believe how quickly time flies. Callie is starting 5 day preschool (we all know how I feel about that), starting dance classes again, and starting swimming lessons. Tanner is walking a lot and really working on his temper tantrum skills. He's getting really good. Really.

I have been spending time reading, playing with the kids, and my newest addiction? That would be pinterest.com. If you haven't been there, go. Now. If you need an invite, let me know. It's so much fun. And actually quite helpful to organize your thoughts. I have been doing some of my very own "Craft" projects (crafting? book club? I even looked at buying an apron at Target the other day. Wow.) and I will also take some pictures of those.

Are things going to slow down anytime soon? Probably not. I will probably live the next 30 years in a blink of an eye. And I wish I knew how to slow it down. How to capture some of these moments that seem to be flying by me. I hope I never forget all of the precious day to day things that happen in this home. I hope they never forget....

No comments:

Post a Comment