Sunday, March 6, 2011

And then there were none...

My kids are staying a few nights at Grammy's. You would think I would be really excited... right? A few days of "freedom...." Well, it's only SUNDAY and I am missing them like crazy. I have gotten a lot done. Some closets organized, clothes that they've outgrown that don't fit anymore, which really didn't ease my pain. Seeing the baby clothes (I know, I'm so far behind!) that Tanner wore just a year ago almost brought tears to my eyes.


There are some plus sides to having no children around though, and I am going to try to stay positive. I cleaned the windows today, and they are still clean now, three hours later. That's. pretty. amazing. I ate my meals without having to stop and get Callie a napkin, another spoon (because she has to have a separate spoon for different foods), or more milk. Tanner wasn't throwing his food on the ground or taking the food out of his mouth after I feed it to him (so he can do it himself, of course).


We went to Target to get some storage tubs for Tanner's clothes. I didn't have to look at the toy section, or deny a request for yet another package of silly bandz that never get worn. I didn't have to keep Tanner from cleaning the cart handle with his mouth, take Callie to the bathroom, or hear about how her feet hurt. We didn't have to pack a diaper bag, bundle up the kids, and hear Callie scream that she wants MOMMY to get her out of the car, not Daddy.


I wish I could say that I slept in today, but that didn't happen. I was up at 7:00 am.



I haven't watched Dora or ICarly all day. I haven't had to say "No, you can't have Oreos for lunch.." or "Be nice to your brother." I haven't had to tell Tanner to get out of the DVD drawer.


I haven't gotten any hugs or kisses from them today...
I haven't heard "Mommy" today...
I haven't seen Tanner's goofy expressions...
I haven't been able to see Tanner play with the phone and say "Hello" today...
I miss Tanner throwing food on the floor because he says "Uh oh" when he does it....
I haven't snuggled on the couch...
I wish I could see Callie laugh with her brother; she takes such good care of him...
I wish I could see Tanner jumping like a crazy man in his jumperoo...


It's only a few days. And I know it's good for them to spend quality time with Grammy and Grandpa. And they have a blast when they are there. Come on, chocolate milk and chocolate donuts for breakfast?! What kid could resist. Callie looks forward to having those tasty treats with Grandpa Jeff every time she goes there. And I think it's something she will always remember. And so I guess I can share the love for the next few days...

No comments:

Post a Comment