Friday, February 24, 2012

Mom Prom 2012

You guys, I am so excited. Really.

I had really high hopes for this year's Mom Prom. If you don't know what that is, and you consider yourself a friend of mine, where the heck have you been? :)

I nearly tear up as I write that as of right now, we only have 39 tickets left. 39. Out of the 280 we are selling. (We also reserved some tickets for contests, giveaways, and certain sponsored tickets). This year's prom will have 300 women. 300 women who want to make a difference. 300 women who want to have fun, get dressed up, and take a night all to themselves. Which, let's be honest Mommies, doesn't happen nearly enough. 300 women strong. Last year we had about 150. I can't even imagine what we could do at NEXT year's prom. The Qwest (okay, I refuse to call it Centurylink Center, yet)? What venue could possibly hold the hopes that we have for the coming years??

This year's Mom Prom beneficiary is Ted E. Bear Hollow. If you aren't familiar with this amazing organization, they offer counseling services to children and families who have lost a loved one. Free. I honestly hope my children never have to set foot in that building, but if the tragedy ever happened, I thank God that they would have a place to go. A place where they won't feel different, or alone, or lost. A place where they can go and be with other kids their age who have gone through a similar situation, a place that will help them understand, a place where they can build themselves back up.

We did "The Morning Blend" this week. It was fun, but nerve-wracking. I have to thank my husband. He has been so amazing with me being gone a lot for different Prom related reasons. And even running my daycare for a few hours! I think the kids have more fun with him than me!! We sported our dresses, that we bought for $25 from Max I. Walker for the Ultra Chic Boutique going on this Saturday!!

Judy Daniell, Jessica Hudson, and myself


If you can't come to Mom Prom this year, you can still donate. Go to www.omahamomprom.com. Watch out for pictures of this year's Prom. It's going to be a night to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment